Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chicago International - Post #2 - New Modern Introductions

As you have probably figured out, I had the opportunity to go the Chicago International Miniature Show hosted by Tom Bishop.  I was so pleased to find that there were more modern and midcentury modern items at the show.  I noticed that there were several vendors who typically only have traditional items that were venturing into modern or at least modernish. Here are a few highlights:


First off, here are some really tiny modern items by Small Scale Living.


Can you believe these are 1/4" scale?  They're laser cut, but they also had a 3-D printer there which was very cool to see in action.  They didn't have these in stock, but you can believe me when I say that I'm ordering a set.



Next is Rainbow Hand and Kathy








Miniature Wood Creations


 The maker Patrick Kinney was so nice and his work is fabulous.  The joinery on his pieces is amazing.  He uses and mixes many different kinds of wood.


Patricia Richards:


Whitledge-Burgess


They make some amazing room boxes, but this is the first modern one I have seen.

And my Personal Favorite of the New Introductions is Atomic Miniature:


 This is the owner/artist Michael Yurkovik

 At first I thought these chairs were 3-D prints, but they are not.  I have no idea how he creates the seats but they are pretty amazing.



The tiny T.V.s are also battery operated.  Oh how I wish I had the funds to buy at least one of everything from Atomic Miniature!

Tomorrow some old favorites in the modern mini word!

9 comments:

  1. I wish a I were wealthy, I would buy most of what you depicted. The television in the last shot is exceptional. I have been looking for one like that for a scene. Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those Atomic Miniatures are really pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! Look at all the goodies! Thanks for bringing us along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the day with us. Love Atomic Miniature stuff. He has a little bit about how he makes his chairs on his site. Did you spend a small fortune? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I just had a chance to take a good look at his web site. Believe it or not, I didn't buy much...not that I didn't want to!

      Delete
  5. wow , cuantas cosas, es lo que pasa en las ferias ,siempre querria uno poder comprar mas
    gracias por las fotos , son fantasticas

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I hope to make the Tom Bishop show out here in June. It's good to hear that more modern minis are hitting the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your picture. It must be a great experience to go to that show. What a kitchen!!!!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete