Sunday, May 7, 2017

Tiny Tea Light Tutorial

On Friday I was doing a bit of cleaning and when I emptied my husbands trash can in his man cave and found these little metal pieces that looked just like the foil holder for tea light candles. So of course I went digging through the trash to find more.

These are small pistol bullet primers that he uses to make bullets.  These are the ones that have been used.  I can't stress enough that if you want to use the same things to make tea lights...make sure they are used.  Other wise you could get seriously injured.

Any way I used a pick and removed the little anvils that are inside of them.

Which leaves the primer cup.

We then used polymer clay to fill the cups, 

 and used a little bit of mono-filament fishing line for the wicks.

I baked them in the oven then trimmed down the wicks and...
Voila!

10 comments:

  1. ooohh...cute little tea lights. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where I'd get the small pistol bullet primers... but they sure look fantastic! Everything about these looks to scale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww so cute, not to mention authentic, teeny tiny tea lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buena idea y un resultado fantástico.
    Gracias por compartir aunque conseguir esas piezas es muy difícil para mi.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and they look so cute! I love finding uses for tiny, perfect "trash"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, perfect little tea lights! I love when things can be repurposed.

    ReplyDelete