Friday, June 8, 2012

Mini Midcentury

I think the reason I love midcentury modern is because of the clean, simple lines.  They are simply timeless. 

I made the sofa.  It was originally from a kit that was very traditional, but I modified it a bit.  The orange upholstery is an irridescent dupioni silk.  I have been looking for this fabric for months and found it a local fabric shop on clearance no less!  I know, the pillows are a little matchy, matchy with the draperies.  I didn't plan that.

This copy of a midcentury modern floor lamp (the maker escapes me) is by minisx2. Isn't it beautiful? The craftsmanship is amazing!  Thanks to Meagan at Tiny Fixation and her turorial on lighting, I finally worked up the nerve to light something up. It was so easy and I can't wait to start lighting more things.

The coffee table is an Ebay find and the decorative dish is Re-ment.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work on the sofa! The scene looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It's not much of a scene just a couple of pieces.

      Delete
  2. ese sofá es magnífico! queria decirte que acaba de llegar tu giveaway, todo perfecto, muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange fabric! Your sofa turned out great. I'm curious - what kit did you use/modify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea. It wasn't a brand name. I'll see if I can find the package.

      Delete
  4. The sofa is fantastic. I like the color.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, the sofa is my favorite and the pillows aren't too matchy matchy ..that's they way you used to do things back then

    Love
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es un fantastico sofa, me encanta el color.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all! The silk is yummy. Why are we all so afraid of lighting things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice upholstery work! I love the color and the pillows are so cute. Coffee table is a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scene. I love duping silk too! Great color choice.

    ReplyDelete