I haven't posted in some time. We have been doing an entire kitchen redo. We have put in new flooring, new cabinets,new counter tops and reconfigured the whole thing. We had a couple of cabinet doors that were made wrong, but we are at the finish line. Whew, it only took twice as long as we predicted it would. It is turning out even better than I had hoped it would! The kitchen is about 98% finished and I'll show you before and after pics later.
On to getting back to miniatures...My work room has been ignored for several months and has become a disorganized mess. I was inspired a couple months ago when Call Small posted about her adventures in organizing her miniatures and I've been waiting until I have the time to do it.
The area is broken up into two small rooms. The first is my sewing, staging, photographing, mailing and some storage area.
The other half is the real workroom where all of the cutting and building takes place and where I have all of my miniatures stored along with a few other things.
Working on the floor is dangerous to your feet and to your miniatures.
You may be asking yourself..."how did it get this bad?" I suppose this is what happens when you ignore your hobby and start using the place to hide all of your crap for over three months.
After seeing the disaster, it is probably no surprise that I found things like this:
Cobwebs growing in the doll house that I adore.
Wood glued to the floor.
So, after two days of cleaning, purging and organizing along with a Container Store gift card this is where I'm at right now.
The other side is now clean and organized too, however there is a huge box of items I need to list on Ebay, a box of miniatures I want to give away (which by the way will be soon), and a couple of piles books and electronics that I need my husband to decide if he can live without.
There is still more to do. I'm waiting for the 20 additional storage boxes I ordered to sort and store my miniatures. The goal is to have them all in closed boxes so that they don't continue to get covered with saw dust and so that I can label everything so I know where the heck I put everything.